Friday, 19 October 2012

Grain Mixes

Today in a supermarket I found quite good grain mixes useful for when I don't have time to make anything complicated but want to treat my Digby.
One grain mix is actually a porridge, made with 5 different grains and 5 seeds: Porridge Oats, Jumbo Oats, Oatmeal, Barley Flakes, Rye Flakes, Golden Linseeds, Sesame Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Buckwheat Flakes, Poppy Seeds, Quinoa Flakes.

All the ingredients in it are organic too.



I've also picked up a bag of these pre-cooked 4 grains in Waitrose: wheat, rye, spelt and barley


So using both I made Digby a quick dinner: both grain mixes, persimmon, organic plum, broccoli and some chunks of bird bread made with organic pellets and a mix of vegetables, like sweet potato, carrot, kale and squash.

 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great parrot meal! And quick, too. I love looking around the health food store for interesting mixes or snack that are great for parrots.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...