Monday, 30 April 2012

Spring is Here

The spring is in full swing at the moment. It really is the time for it to start moving towards summer but nature is not in a rush with all the awful wet and cold weather we've had recently.. But all those green grasses and fresh new leaves are very inspiring and mood uplifting at least.
Of course I had to bring some fresh branches for my birds and the bunny.

Here is Digby posting with his (they are birch and hazel branches)



And here is Dudley sitting under his "tree"






Branches make for great enrichment for all pets. I like picking them now while the leaves are still small as they are a lot easier to clean that way! I usually wash them with hot water and then spray generously with F10 disinfectant, let it dry and give them to the birds and the bun. Even if the birds don't want to chew the branches I believe even just the colour of the leaves and the fragrance from bark are uplifting for them. They deserve to see more of the nature in their home and I am happy to provide it.

1 comment:

  1. Great information and you have some great enrichment opportunities for your pets - your bunny is adorable.

    I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a link exchange with my bird blog? emilysbirds.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...